For every design, we use precious metals and the highest quality stones. As with all real metals and stones, tarnishing is part of the process, but you can prevent this for months or years depending on how you care for your products.
We have specifically designed our packaging to help you care for your jewelry. Our box is lined with micro-suede and is intended to keep moisture out. The soft cloth provided should be used to clean your jewelry after every use. This will help protect it against scratches and harmful substances soaking into the metal.
All of our products are either a solid precious metal or heavily plated with the highest-grade material, covered with a protective coating, and hand finished to ensure supreme quality and long lasting durability.
925 Sterling Silver
We apply a thin layer of rhodium plating on all sterling silver items to slow the rate of tarnishing.
Although you won't be able to 100% prevent tarnishing, there are a few ways you can significantly delay it. The best way is to wear your jewelry frequently, because the oils in your skin will "clean" the sterling silver every time you wear it. Substances like colognes, perfumes, hair sprays, profuse sweating, and chlorine can also cause your jewelry to tarnish quicker.
Try to keep your plated jewelry in a dry area. Our MANSSION box or small zip-top bag work great.
Gold/Rose Gold Plating
Plating naturally fades from exposure to oils in the skin and the environment. This fading can take months or years, but anything plated will eventually tarnish with time and wear. To decrease the chances of fading:
- Do not apply any sprays or skin creams directly onto your plated jewelry. Stay away from jewelry cleaners and antibacterial soaps.
- Make sure you remove your plated jewelry when you exercise or swim.
- After every use, gently clean your plated jewelry with the soft cloth provided to remove any dust and dirt.
- Do not store gold plated and silver-plated jewelry together.
- To avoid scratches, try to keep your plated jewelry in a dry area. Our MANSSION box or small zip-top bag work great.
Our brass jewelry is meant to tarnish over time to provide a unique patina look. We recommend purchasing polished gold-plated items if you prefer the polished look that doesn't fade as quickly.